Join with us in reading through the Bible in 2015.
The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan offers special features that will aid you in your journey through the Bible.
- By reading from four separate places in the Scriptures every day, you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of four different viewpoints.
- You can begin at any point during the year.
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only 25 readings. Since youâ€™ll have several â€œfree daysâ€ each month, you could set aside Sundays either not to read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
- If you finish the monthâ€™s readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study the passages that challenged or intrigued you.
- If reading through the entire Bible in one year looms as too large a task, you can alter the plan to meet your needs. For example, you could read the gospels and the wisdom books this year, and the other two categories next year.
In the year ahead, ask God each day to speak directly to you from the Scripture portions you read. Be expectant, and let your continual exposure to Godâ€™s Word reshape your attitudes and behavior as you gain a better understanding of every part of His written testimony to us.